More Assistance Given to Flood Victims
Army rescue operations and relief activities, on directions of Security Force Headquarter Commanders are continuing in island-wide flood-affected areas during the past several days.
In the meantime, troops serving under the Security Force Headquarters-Central (SFHQ-C) rushed to the Diyatalawa Railway line and cleared the 1.5 km long railway line from there towards the Bandarawela Stations by removing soils, fallen tree branches and other debris.
Several relief camps and medical camps have been established in the eastern area backed by the Eastern troops and more than 500 meal packets are being distributed daily among the flood affected people by same troops.
Meanwhile, troops of 24 SLNG serving under 231 Brigade and 23 Division in same SFHQ distributed around 50 kg rice pack, 150 kg sugar pack, 75 kg dhal pack, 220 bed sheets and 20 mats and few other items among the flood-affected people.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024