3 Bn. Income from booze and cigarette hike
Posted in Local News
The Ministry of Finance and Planning said today that the estimated revenue from the increase of tax on alcohol and cigarettes would be close to 3 Billion rupees.The Ministry announced today that the price of all brands of cigarettes will be increased by Rs 1 forthwith. The Tax on imported beer was increased by Rs. 50 per Liter with the excise duty on local beer was increased by Rs. 5. Excise duty on hard liquor by Rs. 60 with immediate effect the Ministry said.
Courtesy: DM Online / Pix by Onlanka
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Mathata thitha is it over?
This is a way of telling the people that the country by way of selling liquor earns a revenue. People drink more the country needs money for survival