31 more die of COVID-19: Death toll increases to 923
Posted in Local News
The COVID-19 death toll in Sri Lanka climbed to 923 with 31 more deaths being confirmed by the Director-General of Health Services on yesterday (14), the Government Information Department said.
According to the Government Information Department, 18 females and 13 males are among the deceased.
This is the highest number of deaths recorded in the country per day since the outbreak of the pandemic.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023