315 inmates test negative for COVID-19
Posted in Local News
The Welikada prison inmates who were subjected to PCR tests have tested negative for COVID-19, army commander Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva said.
Authorities carried out PCR tests on 315 inmates after a prisoner tested positive for the corona-virus on Monday, prompting authorities to temporarily bar visitors from the prison.
The inmate was held at the Treatment & Rehabilitation Centre in Kandakadu and was transferred to the Welikada Prison on the 27th of June, the Government Information Department said.
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
Prison closed to visitors.
All testing “NEGATIVE”.
When prison open to visitors, the Prison will be empty !!!