39 injured in Dambulla bus accident
Posted in Local News
Some 39 persons were admitted to Dambulla hospital after a private bus and a lorry collided in Dambulla this morning.
Police media unit said the bus plying on Dambulla Habarana main road had toppled on the road after colliding head on with the lorry that came from opposite direction near Digampathaha Navy Camp.
There are 18 women, 17 men, a boy and 3 girls among those who were injured. Another lorry and a motorbike were also damaged in the incident.
No arrests have been made thus far and police believe two drivers are also among the injured.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023