41 MPs who quit Government to meet Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa today
Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has invited the 41 parliamentarians who recently quit the government for a discussion at 07:00 PM today (April 10) on their proposals for an interim government, former President and Chairman of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) Maithripala Sirisena said.
The MPs from 10 parties that formed the ruling coalition, MPs from the SLFP, and Independent MPs from the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) will attend this meeting.
It is reported that the 11 proposals for an All-Party Interim Government will be discussed at length at this meeting.
On the 8th of April 2022, Parliamentarians Maithripala Sirisena, Vasudeva Nanayakkara, Anura Priyadarshana Yapa and Wijeyadasa Rajapaksha presented the President with a 11-point document requesting to move towards an all-party interim Government.
- Accordingly, the four Parliamentarians have requested for the President to establish a “National Executive Council” consisting of Party Leaders within the Parliament to take policy decisions.
- To establish a limited number of Ministries based upon factual evidence while the National Executive Council may decide on their functions.
- For the President to appoint a new Prime Minister based off the recommendation of the National Executive Council.
- For President to appoint a limited number of Cabinet Ministers based on the recommendations of the National Executive Council.
- For President to appoint Secretaries to Ministries based on the recommendations of the National Executive Council.
- To limit the salaries, perks of newly-appointed Ministers.
- Appointment of an expert committee for each and every single Ministry under the recommendations of the National Executive Council.
- Ensuring speedy supply of essentials such as medicines, electricity, gas cylinders, fuel and food to the people.
- Appointment of a National Economic Council under the National Executive Council.
- Renouncement of the 20th amendment and reimplementation of the 19th amendment with the suitable amendments.
- Formulation of national policies for spheres such as education and others within a period of six months.
UPDATE – 07:50 PM:
The meeting between President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and the parliamentary group of Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) ended without any conclusion on the formation of an interim government to quell present political unrest in the country and find solutions to the economic woes.
However, the two sides agreed to have another round of discussions after the New Year holiday.
The issue here is the lack of dollars to buy essential goods. How a interim government, with failed and corrupted politicians going to solve this problem, I don’t know.
The people on the streets call for Prezzo Pandasena’s resignation.
The people on the streets call for the entire Kurakkan Satakaya clan’s resignation.
The people on the streets are openly stating the total loss of confidence in all 225 idiots in Parliament.
This includes Son of RP and his bunch of clowns in SJB, RW, the incapable blabberer, Dr Harsh, the corrupt and clueless AKD, opportunist Champika Ranawaka, a past protector of the KS Clan, Ali Sabry, the war crim, Fonseka, the ultra-corrupt New CBSL Chief etc.
Pray that someone will arise from the masses, be elected leader of the nation, suspend the Constitution and lead the Nation through its extremely painful path in the next 2-3 years.
No point in appointing the Interim Government. All those MPs are not trustworthy including the past and current president. The only solution to bail out the Country is for both brothers should resign and face the criminal charges. One of the first world Countries must take over Sri Lanka, starting with bringing the UN Peacekeeping Forces.
Most MP’s including Political Party Leaders (Pissu Sira, AKD, Gamman, Gonwansa) are all thinking if they could have Shipping Containers with STF protection to ship their wealth overseas, similar to the Ruling Family.