Two men die while waiting in fuel queue in Sri Lanka
Two men aged 47 and 51 who were standing in queues to get fuel in Dankotuwa and Wennappuwa have died, police said.
They said a 47-year-old from Gonawila who was waiting in a queue in Dankotuwa Town to get diesel for nearly two days, collapsed and died on admission to the Dankotuwa Hospital yesterday (April 09).
The deceased was a bus driver transporting garment factory workers who had died of suspected heart attack.
Meanwhile, another 51-year-old who was in the queue to buy fuel in Wennappuwa had also died.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023