42 Government MPs decide to remain Independent in Parliament
42 Government MPs including MPs of Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP), Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) decide to remain Independent in Parliament.
Former President Maithripala Sirisena informed the Speaker that 14 Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) MPS including himself have decided to remain as an independent group in Parliament.
Former Minister Wimal Weerawansa said that 16 MPs including himself also decided to remain independent in Parliament.
Meanwhile, 12 Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) MPs have also informed the Speaker they will work independently in Parliament.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023