600,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines arrive in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
The first consignment of 600,000 doses of China’s Sinopharm vaccines arrived in Sri Lanka today (March 31).
The Sinopharm vaccine was developed by Sinopharm’s Beijing Institute of Biological Products and the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products in China.
A special flight chartered by the national carrier SriLankan Airlines (UL869) carrying the China-made vaccines touched down at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) in Katunayake at around 11.28 am.
The vaccines were ceremonially handed over to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa by the Chinese Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Qi Zhenhong at the airport premises.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023