600,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines arrive in Sri Lanka
The first consignment of 600,000 doses of China’s Sinopharm vaccines arrived in Sri Lanka today (March 31).
The Sinopharm vaccine was developed by Sinopharm’s Beijing Institute of Biological Products and the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products in China.
A special flight chartered by the national carrier SriLankan Airlines (UL869) carrying the China-made vaccines touched down at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) in Katunayake at around 11.28 am.
The vaccines were ceremonially handed over to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa by the Chinese Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Qi Zhenhong at the airport premises.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023