72 hospitalised following gas leak in Piliyandala
Seventy two people have been hospitalised following a gas leak from a factory in Piliyandala, Police said a short while ago.
The gas leak was reported at a factory in the Batakattara area of Piliyandala while residents from the surrounding area were hospitalised due to the incident.
42 of the victims were taken to the Kalubowila hospital while 30 were hospitalised at the Piliyandala hospital.
The gas leak has now been brought under control, the Piliyandala police stated.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023