800 Kgs of illegally imported turmeric seized
During a search operation carried out by the Kelaniya Police last night, three suspects were arrested in Kelaniya for the possession of 800 kilograms of turmeric that was illegally imported.
The lorry transporting the turmeric consignment and three persons were arrested.
The suspects were revealed to be residents of Wattala, Kadawatha and Colombo.
The suspects will be produced before the Mahara Magistrates Court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023