8th COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
Another patient who tested positive for the Coronavirus has died today, marking the 8th death reported in Sri Lanka due to COVID-19.
A 72-year-old female coronavirus patient died while receiving treatment at the Homagama Hospital today.
She was a resident of Polpithigama, Kurunegala.
This bring the number of fatalities in Sri Lanka from the COVID-19 outbreak to 8.
Total Confirmed Cases – 719
Active Cases – 523
New Cases for the day – 1
Observation in hospitals – 137
Recovered & Discharged – 187
Total Deaths – 8
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023