A revelation from the only hospital that treats COVID-19 infected pregnant mothers
The only island-wide treatment center for pregnant mothers infected with COVID-19 has been set up at the Colombo East Base Hospital.
It’s specialist Dr. Mayuramanna Devolage said that more than 80 pregnant mothers have been infected with the COVID-19 virus.
At present 28 pregnant mothers infected with COVID-19 are being treated at the COVID-19 Unit at the Colombo East Base Hospital.
Specialist Dr. Mayuramanna Devolage further said, “The only Maternal COVID-19 Test Unit in Sri Lanka established at the Colombo East Base Hospital. So far more than 80 mothers in Sri Lanka have been infected with the COVID-19. Four pregnant mothers infected with the COVID-19 gave birth to babies at this hospital. These people are hoping to go home when no Coronavirus is reported in the body.”
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023