A revelation from the only hospital that treats COVID-19 infected pregnant mothers
The only island-wide treatment center for pregnant mothers infected with COVID-19 has been set up at the Colombo East Base Hospital.
It’s specialist Dr. Mayuramanna Devolage said that more than 80 pregnant mothers have been infected with the COVID-19 virus.
At present 28 pregnant mothers infected with COVID-19 are being treated at the COVID-19 Unit at the Colombo East Base Hospital.
Specialist Dr. Mayuramanna Devolage further said, “The only Maternal COVID-19 Test Unit in Sri Lanka established at the Colombo East Base Hospital. So far more than 80 mothers in Sri Lanka have been infected with the COVID-19. Four pregnant mothers infected with the COVID-19 gave birth to babies at this hospital. These people are hoping to go home when no Coronavirus is reported in the body.”
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023