Accountant sentenced to 367 years in prison
The former accountant of a private company in Colombo has been sentenced to 367 years rigorous imprisonment by the Colombo High Court, after he was found guilty of defrauding over Rs 2 million from the company by presenting forged documents.
It was uncovered that the Accountant engaged in the fraud between January 2000 and January 2001.
He was found guilty of 19 charges by the Colombo High Court.
The suspect was issued the prison sentence by Colombo High Court judge Shashi Mahendra.
The suspect, Hikkaduwa Liyanage Nandasiri has been absconding Court, while a warrant for his arrest was issued today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023