Acting Solicitor General Sanjay Rajaratnam nominated as new Attorney General
Posted in Local News
Acting Solicitor General Sanjay Rajaratnam has been nominated by the President to be appointed as the new Attorney General, Parliament sources said.
His name has been received by the Speaker and it would be considered for approval at the next Parliamentary Council meeting.
Sanjay Rajaratnam was appointed as the Acting Solicitor General in October 2019, after then-Solicitor General Dilrukshi Dias Wickremasinghe was interdicted, pending an inquiry into her alleged phone conversation with Avant-Garde chairman Nissanka Senadhipathi.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
doesn’t sound too good.
Has his past affiliations been examined?