AG directs police to record statements from Maithripala, Ranil over Bond Scam
The Attorney General has directed the Acting IGP to record statements from former President Maithripala Sirisena and former Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe over Bond Scam, AG’s Co-ordinating Secretary said.
In addition to the former President and Prime Minister, statements are expected to be recorded from the former Advisor to the Prime Minister S. Paskaralingam and the former General Manager of the People’s Bank as well.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023