AG directs to arrest Uduwe Thera
The Attorney General has directed to arrest Ven. Uduwe Dhammaloka Thera and produced before the Court for illegally keeping a baby elephant at the Alan Mathiniyaramaya Temple, Polhengoda, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID has informed Colombo Chief Magistrate Nishantha Peiris.
The CID had also informed that the AG had directed them to record a statement from the Uduwe Thera before the arrest of the Thera.
The CID had told the Court they have enough evidence to file a case against Ven. Uduwe Thera under the Fauna and Flora Protection Ordinance.
In January, 2015, a two and half year-old elephant calf had been found inside the Alan Mathiniyaramaya Temple.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023