Agreement with India is betrayal of country
Professor G.L. Peiris signing an agreement with the Indian government is betraying of the country, charges the National Patriotic Movement.
The External Affairs Minister had agreed to comply on several conditions put forward by India during his recent visit to the country, its Chairman Dr Gunadasa Amarasekera accused.
He stated that these conditions include the immediate relaxing of emergency laws, implementing of the 13th amendment, successful completion of current talks with Tamil parties and implementation of agreement such as CEPA (Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement).
The country’s determination, independence and integrity are affected through this, a release issued by the National Patriotic Movement reads.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023