Airports Authority of India to develop Palali airport
State-owned Airports Authority of India (AAI) will prepare a detailed project report for development of Palali airport in northern Sri Lanka.
This would be the first project for the AAI in the island nation and “we are trying to get engaged with our neighbours”, an AAI official said.
In a release issued on Monday, the AAI said it has signed an agreement with External Affairs Ministry for “preparation of a Detailed Project Report for development of Palali airport in Sri Lanka”.
The official said all the technical and design aspects would be covered in the DPR, which is expected to be completed in three months time.
“The AAI has developed more than 60 airports in metro and non-metro cities in India and now the AAI wants to leverage its expertise to other countries on a bigger scale,” the release said.
The AAI manages more than 120 airports in different parts of the country.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023