Ajith appeals Speaker to mediate
UNP MP and Deputy Minister Ajith P. Perera yesterday made an appeal to Speaker Karu Jayasuriya to mediate to get the details of the telephone conversations from the Presidential Commission of Inquiry into the issuance of Central bank bonds and get an opportunity to cross-examine the witness claiming that the commission had informed him that it did not have any details pertaining to the calls he alleged to have made to Arjun Aloysius.
He said in Parliament that in reply to his letter to the Commission, it had informed him that the commission did not have the date, time that the calls connected or the content of those conversations.
He said the Commission had refused to give him an opportunity to listen to him due to time constraints.
“I think they have made a mistake here. But I have no chance to declare my innocence and my honesty. I have never acted to protect thieves. I have spoken against those involved in the bond scam within the COPE. This is a black mark for my reputation as a politician and a professional,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Ajith Siriwardana)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023