Ajith Prasanna sentenced to four years Rigorous Imprisonment
Retired Major Ajith Prasanna sentenced to four years of Rigorous Imprisonment and fined Rs. 300,000 on charges of contempt of court by the Supreme Court today (January 24).
In January 2021, Ajith Prasanna was released on two surety bails of Rs. 500,000 each by the Court of Appeal over his alleged involvement in the intimidating of witnesses.
Three defendants, including Ajith Prasanna and two Navy intelligence officers, were accused of holding a press conference and intimidating witnesses in the case against several Navy officers regarding the abduction and disappearance of 11 youths.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023