All events including weddings not allowed for two weeks
Posted in Local News
All events, including weddings will not be allowed to be held for a period of two weeks from Monday (03 May), Army Commander General Shavendra Silva said.
The move comes as Sri Lanka is battling the third wave of the Covid-19 pandemic that has led to spiraling numbers of infections.
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
That’s cruel, extremely cruel.
Weddings cannot be banned. It is a personal liberty guaranteed under the Constitution.
If there is a public health threat, Sir, My Lord Commander, please impose controls, legally.