English letters denoting provinces to be removed from number plates
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet of Ministers has granted the approval to remove the english letters denoting provinces on vehicle number plates.
The proposal was presented to the Cabinet by the Minister of Transport Gamini Lokuge.
The Transport Minister through the proposal has indicated that since a unique number is issued to each registered vehicle at its registration, the identity of all vehicles can be easily recognized across the departmental data base.
Under the new system, number plates need not be changed every time a vehicle is transferred between provinces.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023