Ambulances allowed to use expressways free of charge
Sri Lanka’s Highways Minister Johnston Fernando said that a Gazette notification has been issued declaring that all government and private ambulances can use the country’s expressways toll free with immediate effect.
Previously a toll was levied from every ambulance using the expressways but following the COVID-19 outbreak, they were exempted from paying the toll from May 20 until further notice.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023