Angulana shooting: Residents clash with Police
Police fired tear gas to disperse a group of residents who acted violently at the Angulana Police station and pelted stones in protest of the recent death of a fisherman.
Police said they acted in this manner after the case in this incident was taken up in the court today.
Earlier, the Acting IGP interdicted three police officers in connection with the shooting incident.
The 39-year-old fisherman travelling in a three-wheeler was stopped at a police roadblock at Lunawa, Moratuwa and was shot dead by police following an altercation on July 10.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024