Angulana shooting: Residents clash with Police
Posted in Local News
Police fired tear gas to disperse a group of residents who acted violently at the Angulana Police station and pelted stones in protest of the recent death of a fisherman.
Police said they acted in this manner after the case in this incident was taken up in the court today.
Earlier, the Acting IGP interdicted three police officers in connection with the shooting incident.
The 39-year-old fisherman travelling in a three-wheeler was stopped at a police roadblock at Lunawa, Moratuwa and was shot dead by police following an altercation on July 10.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023