Another consignment of Pfizer vaccine doses arrive in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has received another consignment of over 70,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine this morning.
State Minister Prof. Channa Jayasumana said a total of 70,200 doses of the Pfizer vaccine arrived this morning increasing the total number of Pfizer vaccine doses purchased by State Pharmaceuticals Corporation (SPC) to 128,700.
The consignment arrived at the BIA in a Qatar Airways flight at around 2.15 a.m. today and was transported to the central storage complex in Colombo via special refrigerated lorries.
The SPC has ordered a total of 200,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine with the first batch of 26,000 doses arriving in Sri Lanka on July 05 and the second batch of another 26,000 doses reaching the country on July 12.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023