Another man died in a fuel queue in Athurugiriya
An 85 year old man died while waiting in a queue to get fuel from a petrol station in Athurugiriya on Saturday (March 26).
The deceased has been identified as M. Jinadasa Perera, a resident of Galpotta Road, Pore, Athurugiriya.
Athurugiriya Police said that the person who had come to get fuel from a van, was in the third position of the queue had fallen ill and died while taken to the Athurugiriya Regional Hospital.
Police said the victim was suffering from a heart disease.
There was no congestion at the petrol station at the time of the incident, police said.
Athurugiriya Police are conducting further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023