Another Sri Lankan in United Kingdom dies of COVID-19
Henry Jayawardhana, A 70-year-old retired doctor becomes the second Sri Lankan to die due to COVID- 19, in the UK.
In total four Sri Lankans have died due to the virus in the world, three of them died overseas. Two of the reported deaths were from UK, while the other was from Switzerland.
The other was in Colombo when a 60-year-old resident of Marawila died at the ICU in the IDH.
Lakshen Wijeratne, a 55-year-old Sri Lankan male, from Maharagama, residing in Feltham, London, also died due to Covid-19 (new coronavirus) yesterday. He was a father of three children and was in the ICU for several days after being infected with the virus.
A Sri Lankan male in Switzerland died this week becoming the first Sri Lanka victim of this deadly virus. He was a 59-year-old who had migrated to Switzerland from Punkudutive in Jaffna.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023