ANTI CORRUPTION UNIT OF BCCI REFUTE THISARA PERERA MATCH FIXING CHARGES – SLC
Sri Lanka Cricket announced that the alleged match fixing charges against Thisara Perera in a certain Indian Newspaper, had been totally refuted by the Anti Corruption Unit of the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI).
Sri Lanka Cricket also denied reports that all-rounder was involved in match-fixing during this year’s IPL, saying that it has full faith in its players.
SLC rebuttal comes in the wake of a media report, which stated that a Mumbai-based bookie fixed an IPL match for INR 6 crore after striking deals with four players of Sunrisers Hyderabad, reports indicated.
The players mentioned in the report were Thisara Perera, Hanuma Vihari, Karan Sharma and Ashish Reddy.
The report quoted a bookie, who apparently took the players’ names in his statement to the Mumbai police crime branch, agencies reported.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023