Appeals Court dismisses Riyaj Bathiudeen’s writ application
Posted in Local News
The Court of Appeal has dismissed the writ application filed by MP Rishad Bathiudeen’s brother, Riyaj Bathiudeen seeking the prevention of his re-arrest by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The writ application was taken up before Appeals Court justices, Mahinda Samayawardhane and Arjuna Obeysekara this morning (21).
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023