Arrest warrant on Gnanasara Thera
The Homagama Magistrate today issued an arrest warrant on Bodu Bala Sena Secretary General, Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara on charges of contempt of court and the disruption of court proceedings.
According the reporter, order was issued on the charges of allegedly threatening, Sandhya Eknaligoda, the wife of missing journalist Prageeth Eknaligoda, at the court premises.
Sandhya Eknaligoda had arrived at the premises for the hearing into the Habeas Corpus case in connection with the disappearance case.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024