Shiranthi asks for another day to appear before CoI
Former First Lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa has asked for another day to appear before the Presidential Commission of Inquiry (CoI), its Secretary Lasil de Silva said.
Shiranthi Rajapaksa has been ordered to appear before the CoI at 9.30 a.m. this morning.
However, a lawyer who appeared on behalf of the former First Lady had requested another day, Lasil de Silva added.
The commission is about to record a statement from Shiranthi Rajapaksa with respect to the allegation as to how Milinda Ratnayaka, a former media coordinating officer, was provided with a house belonging to the National Housing Development Authority below the estimated value.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023