Arrested without proper charges – Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa
Former President and Kurunegala District MP, Mahinda Rajapaksa, said the statement made by some ministers had clearly indicated how the Police were going to act in arresting Rajapaksa family members.
All the arrests have been made under the Money Laundering Act, which was enacted to prevent fund raising activities of terrorist organisations. “I don’t see any relevance of the Money Laundering Act in these arrests. They have been arrested without any proper charges,” he charged
“If someone has done anything wrong he should be arrested. As a father I must tell, even if my children had done anything wrong they have to be arrested but there should be a proper way of doing that,” he added.
(Sunday Observer / AFP Photo / Ishara S. Kodikara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023