Arrival of the 40,000 MT Petrol shipment delayed by a day
The petrol shipment carrying 40,000 MT which was scheduled to arrive at the Colombo Port early this morning (June 23) has been delayed by a day, Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekara said.
Posting to his Twitter account, Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekera said that limited volumes of petrol and super diesel will be distributed in the country today (June 23) and tomorrow (June 24).
However, auto diesel stocks are distributed at full capacity island-wide, he added.
According to the Energy Minister, in addition to the petrol shipment, a consignment of diesel is also expected to arrive in the country tomorrow.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023