Asian Development Bank grants Rs. 8 Billion for farming families in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has granted Rs. 8 Billion to Sri Lanka for the benefit of 1.2 million farming families, the President’s Media Division says.
The grant comes in response to a request made by Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Each family cultivating less than one hectare will receive Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 20,000 will be provided for each family cultivating above one hectare.
According to Agriculture Minister Mahinda Amaraweera, the money will be deposited into the bank accounts of the farmers from next week.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023