Energy Minister confirms electricity bills will increase from January
Posted in Local News
Electricity tariffs would definitely be increased from January 2023, Minister of Power & Energy Kanchana Wijesekera said today (December 21).
A detailed report on the matter will be submitted at the first Cabinet meeting of next year scheduled for the 02nd of January, the Minister added.
Reportedly, Minister Kanchana Wijesekera, in his capacity as the Power & Energy Minister, is taking necessary legal measures in this regard along with the Cabinet of Ministers.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023