Three women waiting at bus halt die after van crashes into them
Posted in Local News
Three women were killed when a van crashed into a bus halt at Bedigamuwa Junction in Narammala this morning (December 21).
Police said the van plying from Kurunegala towards Narammala hit a culvert due to a front tyre burst and fell into a nearby paddy field after crashing into the bus halt.
The three women aged 51, 54 and 61, residents of Narammala, who were waiting at the bus stop to get Samurdhi allowances died in the accident.
Two women died instantaneously, while another died after being admitted to the Kurunegala Hospital.
Police said the driver of the van was arrested following the accident.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Another driver successfully passed the SL driving test offered by the police! What a waste of innocent lives. Somebody might ask what the relevance to this of the next what I write. But, this is why I deride the five star democracy and human rights. They are very good But, to afford those need to have a strong economy and a lot of money. In country a policeman struggle to survive, anybody can get a driving license or anything else for money, that is the truth.
None of the NGO human right goons or honorable ambassadors neigh about the human right of innocent people being able to use the public roads and going back home alive or without being maimed, though they cry non-stop about the right of thugs and drug addicts to march, disrupt and cause mayhem!