ASP transferred over Kurunegala Mayor’s birthday celebrations
An Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) has been transferred for allowing Kurunegala Mayor Thushara Sanjeewa’s birthday celebration at the Kurunegala Police premises, Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said.
A special police team was deployed to probe the celebration which took place in violation of the quarantine regulations.
A seven-day pirith ceremony in the faith of eradicating the COVID-19 virus is currently underway at the Kurunegala Police premises.
Kurunegala Mayor who attended the pirith chanting ceremony last night (May 30) had also celebrated his birthday at the venue.
Reportedly, the Mayor had also cut a birthday cake that had been prepared for the event by the police officials.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024