Sri Lanka bars inbound passengers from Vietnam
Posted in Local News
The Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka says individuals who visited Vietnam during the past 14 days will not be allowed entry to Sri Lanka until further notice.
The Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka Themiya Abeywickrama says that all airlines have been informed of this decision.
He said the prohibition includes those arriving from Vietnam on transit to Sri Lanka as well.
Decision was taken after Vietnam discovered a new coronavirus variant that’s a hybrid of strains first found in India and the United Kingdom.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023