Sri Lanka bars inbound passengers from Vietnam
The Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka says individuals who visited Vietnam during the past 14 days will not be allowed entry to Sri Lanka until further notice.
The Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka Themiya Abeywickrama says that all airlines have been informed of this decision.
He said the prohibition includes those arriving from Vietnam on transit to Sri Lanka as well.
Decision was taken after Vietnam discovered a new coronavirus variant that’s a hybrid of strains first found in India and the United Kingdom.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023