ATM machine stolen from a bank in Gampola
Posted in Local News
Four individuals wearing masks have completely dismantled and removed an ATM machine from a private bank on the Kandy Road in Gampola last night, police said.
Four individuals had arrived in a van at around 12:40 AM late last night and tied up the security officer at the bank before proceeding to remove the ATM machine, police said.
Gampola Police is conducting further investigations into the incident.
UPDATE – 10:24 AM: The van used by the suspects who stole an ATM from a private bank has been found abandoned in Peradeniya with its driver tied inside the vehicle, the police reported.
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
This fishy in the since why only one security person in the night? There should be at least 2 security guards! This can be an inside job. Besides, I am sure the thieves who dismantled the ATM machine planning to open a new bank in SL!!!!!!!!!