Azath Salley admitted to National Hospital
Former Western Province Governor Azath Salley who is under CID detention, admitted to the National Hospital in Colombo yesterday following a heart attack.
However, his condition is not critical and currently receiving treatment at Ward 49.
Azath Salley was arrested in March this year in connection with alleged involvement in the Easter Sunday attack.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024