Japan imposes travel regulations on Sri Lanka
The Japanese government says it will impose stricter border regulations for those traveling from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and the Maldives to prevent a more contagious coronavirus variant that was first found in India from spreading.
The tighter steps, will be effective from Friday.
Japanese nationals traveling from the three countries and foreign nationals with residence status in Japan arriving from Sri Lanka will be required to stay at a designated facility upon landing for six days.
They will need to get tested for the coronavirus on the third and last day of that period.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023