Azath Salley served indictments over controversial statement
Indictments were served on former Governor Azath Salley for making a controversial statement inciting racism and separatism at a media briefing on the 9th of March 2021.
Indictments were served when the case was taken up before Colombo High Court Judge Amal Ranaraja.
The case will be taken up once again on the 2nd of November.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023