Badulla cancer ward closed due to COVID-19 threat
Posted in Local News
The cancer ward of the Badulla General Hospital has been closed after 34 persons including a doctor contracted COVID-19 virus.
Yesterday’s PCR tests also revealed that a nurse and two junior staffers at the hospital ward had tested positive for the coronavirus after a nurse returned a positive result on Tuesday.
According to the PCR results, 22 patients, seven patient-care assistants, two junior staff members, two nurses and a female doctor were among the infected.
It was also revealed that all hospital staff who tested positive for the virus, had received the AstraZeneca COVIShield vaccine.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023