BAKERY OWNERS MEET TODAY OVER BREAD PRICES
All Ceylon Bakery Owners Association is to meet today to discuss whether to increase the price of bread.
“The Prima company had increased a kilo gram of flour by Rs.4 and 10 cents,” said N.K. Jayawardena, Chairman of the Association.
Earlier the Serendib flour mills company had also increased the price of a kilogram of flour by Rs.3.
He noted that increasing flour prices has severely affected the Bakery industry.
Speaking further he said that during today’s meeting, a decision will be taken on whether to increase the price of bread, concurrent to flour prices increasing.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023