Balance of the COVID-19 Fund reaches Rs. 900 million
The Sri Lanka Foreign Service Association donated Rs.2.8 million to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa to help the COVID-19 Healthcare and Social Security Fund. Minister of Foreign Relations, Dinesh Gunawardena also participated on this occasion.
The Sabaragamuwa Provincial Council Fund, Mr. Janaka Ranawaka in Rathnapura and the Ratnapura District Medical Officers’ Association donated Rs. One million, Rs.100,000 and Rs.150,000 respectively to the Fund and the relevant cheques were handed over to the President by the Governor Tikiri Kobbekaduwa.
The other donations made to the Fund included Rs. 500,000 by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka Pensioners’ Association and Rs.300,000 by the Sri Lanka Telecom Buddhist Association.
With the direct donation of Rs. 3.5 million by the Lanka Sugar Company Pvt. Ltd to the Fund its balance has now surpassed Rs.900 million.
All the donations will be credited to the special account opened under the number 85737373 at the Corporate Branch of the Bank of Ceylon. Local as well as foreign donors have made their contributions to the Fund. Donations to COVID – 19 Healthcare and Social Security Fund have been exempted from taxes and foreign exchange regulations. Deposits can be made through cheques or telegraphic transfers.
Further details can be obtained from Mr. K.B. Egodawele, Director General (Administration) of the Presidential Secretariat through the telephone number 011-2354479 / 011-2354354.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
can such amount of funds be spent without parliamentary approval