Ban Ki-moon commend President’s commitment to good governance & reconciliation
The U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon highly appreciated President Maithripala Sirisena’s total commitment to good governance and reconciliation.
He made these remarks when he met with President Maithripala Sirisena in New York, on September 22.
The Secretary-General took his opportunity to convey his gratitude to the Government of Sri Lanka and the President for the warm welcome and hospitality extended to him by the Government of Sri Lanka and the people when he visited Sri Lanka recently.
President Sirisena commended the great service rendered by the U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to Sri Lanka, U.N as well as for the entire world and also particularly highly valued the service rendered through the Paris Convention by him.
Similarly, the President extended his gratitude to the United Nations, including all the affiliated organizations of it, for the assistance given by them to Sri Lanka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023