Basil Rajapaksa sworn in as Minister of Finance
Basil Rajapaksa was sworn in as the Minister of Finance before President Gotabaya Rajapaksa a short while ago.
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa who held this portfolio, was sworn in as the Minister of Economic Policies and Plan Implementation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024