BBS will back Ven. Maduluwawe Sobitha Thera
General Secretary, ofthe Bodu Bala Sena (BBS), Ven. Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera, said his organization would back Ven. Maduluwawe Sobitha Thera if he comes forward as an independent candidate at a Presidential Election.
He said, “We have information to confirm that the Cardinal is behind the move to bring Sobitha Thera forward as a common candidate. If this in fact turns out to be the case, we will oppose this move. We also challenge the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) and those Christian and Catholic organizations to prove with evidence, their allegations that Sinhalese are being resettled in the North, and Buddhist temples are being constructed in these areas.Don’t they know that a certain community is building 5,000 houses inside the Wilpattu National Park?”
“If Sri Lanka is defeated at the United Nations Human Rights Council sessions in Geneva, we will be blamed and branded as nationalists for speaking out on national issues when in reality it is certain Muslim ministers and Islamic organizations that are attempting to cause conflicts in the country,” Gnanasara Thera added.
He was also of the opinion that the President should wield his constitutional powers and put a halt to such activities.
(Courtesy : Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023