Bentota PS chairman arrested over assault
Posted in Local News
The Chairman of the Bentota Pradeshiya Sabha, Gayan Sirimanna has been arrested today (01) over an alleged assault incident, police said.
He is accused of assaulting the Ranjith Wickramasinghe, the Vice Chairman of the Pradeshiya Sabha, on October 28 during the financial committee meeting of the local body.
Both the Sirimanna and Wickramasinghe were injured and admitted to Balapitiya and Nagoda hospitals following the brawl which took place inside the Pradeshiya Sabha premises.
The PS chairman was arrested at a private hospital in Narahenpita at around 11.15 am today, police said.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023